Saturday January 18th, 2020
Distance: 100 miles · Ultra · Trail
The Hawaiian Ultra Running Team's Trail 100-Mile Endurance Run, referred to hereafter as the “HURT100”, is a very difficult event designed for the adventurous and well-prepared ultrarunner. It is conducted on trails within the jurisdiction of theState of Hawai‘i Department of Land and Natural Resources (DLNR),Division of Forestry and Wildlife,NÄÂÂ Ala Hele program. NÄÂÂ Ala Hele has turned traces of pig trails through the rain forest into people-friendly, single-track paths.
|Male||22:37:54||Nate Jaqua||37||Eugene, OR|
|2nd Male||23:24:32||Trevor Fuchs||37||Ogden, UT|
|3rd Male||23:38:57||Masazumi Fujioka||47||Mill Creek, WA|
|4th Male||22:37:20||Chris Roberts||33||Washington, DC|
|Female||28:28:06||Sabrina Stanley||28||Steamboat Springs, CO|
|2nd Female||29:07:16||Solange Saxby||24||Honolulu, HI|
|3rd Female||29:54:55||Anna Albrecht||24||Honolulu, HI|
|4th Female||30:59:29||Candice Burt||37||Leavenworth, WA|
|M 40-49||23:38:57||Masazumi Fujioka||47||Mill Creek, WA|
|M 50-59||26:29:01||Dan Barger||53||Auburn, CA|
|M 60-69||35:51:17||Kuni Yamagata||65||Citrus Heights, CA|
|F 40-49||32:10:32||Denise Bourassa||49||Saint Louis, MO|
|F 50-59||35:46:00||Lourdes Gutier...||51||Calgary, AB|
• Mountains above the city of Honolulu (island of O‘ahu, state of Hawai‘i).
• 100 miles over 5 laps (partial out and backs) in a semi-tropical rain forest.
• 24,500 feet of cumulative elevation gain (and 24,500 feet of cumulative loss) over the course of 100 miles.
• 99% single-track trails, 1% asphalt.
• Moderately packed soil, generously interspersed with roots, rocks, puddles, and mud wallows.
• Narrow trails through forest, along exposed ridges, and past vertical embankments.
• 20 stream crossings (four per lap).
• Three aid stations per lap.
• 36-hour time limit.
It’s great to see how the Hawaiian Ultra Running Team has grown and evolved over the years. But it’s also interesting to know that the spirit of adventure and the sense of service has remained constant within the ohana. We can’t wait to see you experience HURT100 for yourselves one day.