Admin Race # 3429
Sunday January 15th, 2023
Distance: 100 miles · Ultra · Trail
Offical Race Web Site
The Hawaiian Ultra Running Team's Trail 100-Mile Endurance Run, referred to hereafter as the “HURT100”, is a very difficult event designed for the adventurous and well-prepared ultra runner.
|Male||23:14:33||Nate Jaqua||41||Eugene, OR|
|2nd Male||25:57:13||Nathan Cogswell||40||Kaneohe, HI|
|3rd Male||26:00:18||Eric Wasoloowski||29||Honolulu, HI|
|4th Male||26:30:52||Hiroyasu Tanaka||48||Kawasaki-shi, JPN|
|Female||24:35:31||Alyssa Clark||29||Pacific Grove, CA|
|2nd Female||26:46:55||Katherina Laan||44||Mill Valley, CA|
|3rd Female||28:0018||Teresa Allman||46||Honolulu, HI|
|4th Female||30:08:18||Tracy Garneau||53||Jasper, AB|
|M 40-49||23:14:33||Nate Jaqua||41||Eugene, OR|
|M 50-59||33:08:37||Satomi Fujimura||57||Honolulu, HI|
|F 40-49||26:46:55||Katherina Laan||44||Mill Valley, CA|
|F 50-59||30:08:18||Tracy Garneau||53||Jasper, AB|
• Mountains above the city of Honolulu (island of O‘ahu, state of Hawai‘i).
• 100 miles over 5 laps (partial out and backs) in a semi-tropical rain forest.
• 24,500 feet of cumulative elevation gain (and 24,500 feet of cumulative loss) over the course of 100 miles.
• 99% single-track trails, 1% asphalt.
• Moderately packed soil, generously interspersed with roots, rocks, puddles, and mud wallows.
• Narrow trails through forest, along exposed ridges, and past vertical embankments.
• 20 stream crossings (four per lap).
• Three aid stations per lap.
• 36-hour time limit.
It’s great to see how the Hawaiian Ultra Running Team has grown and evolved over the years. But it’s also interesting to know that the spirit of adventure and the sense of service has remained constant within the ohana. We can’t wait to see you experience HURT100 for yourselves one day.