The race is seven miles long and begins in front of the Woods Hole Community Center, near the drawbridge on Water Street. The first three miles are narrow, hilly, winding tree-shaded roads, while the last four miles are open on the flat right next to Martha’s Vineyard Sound. A small steep hill lets you know that you are beginning the last half-mile of the race. Once you crest the hill it is “all downhill” to the finish.
- Proceed out of Woods Hole, take a right onto Church Street, then wind around Nobska Lighthouse and continue along the hilly, tree-lined road
- At three miles you emerge from the woods and continue for 1.5 miles along the beach, next to the waters of Vineyard Sound
- Turn left onto Shore Street and 400 yards later turn right onto Clinton Avenue
- Turn left onto Scranton Avenue, 600 yards later turn right onto Robbins Road to the top of Falmouth Harbor
- At the end of Robbins Road, turn right onto Falmouth Heights Road and continue until you once again see the ocean
- Last turn left, head up hill to Falmouth Heights and down to the finish line along Grand Avene at Falmouth Heights Beach