The 2023 Tokyo Marathon will be run at full capacity of 37,500 runners
In March 2022, we came together to hold the first in-person Tokyo Marathon in two years, with the slogan "The Day We Unite." Now, runners, volunteers, spectators and supporters all have their eyes set on the event's next theme, "ONE STEP AHEAD."This design symbolizes how each and every person enthusiastically advances step by step, in their own unique way.
The Tokyo Marathon is also steadily moving forward to provide people with the joy of running and what lies beyond it.
As they move forward, organizers of the Tokyo Marathon said today that the 2023 edition would be held Sunday, 5 March, at full capacity of 37,500 runners. Here is the official information as posted on their website.
Cut-off Times & Start Times
Marathon: 7 hours (9:10 a.m. - 4:10 p.m.) *The time limit will be based on the starting gun of the first wave.
Wheelchair: 2 hours and 10 minutes (9:05 a.m)
Marathon start time: 9:10 a.m. (Wave Start) Runners who fail to pass through the checkpoint before the cut-off time will be removed from the race. Furthermore, runners who lag excessively behind the cut-off time pace may be stopped to leave the course at anytime.
Those who fulfill the following conditions, and whose participation is approved by the organizer (including those who deferred their entry to the 2023 event):
1) Marathon: Must be at least 19 years of age on the race day.
- Runners who are capable of completing the race within 6 hours and 30 minutes.
1-2) Semi-Elite Athletes
- Athletes who satisfy the requirements set forth by the "RUN as ONE - Tokyo Marathon 2023".
1-3) Elite Athletes
- Athletes, registered with the JAAF in fiscal 2021 who satisfy the special requirements set forth by the JAAF.
- Invited Athletes: National and international runners nominated by the organizer and/or the JAAF.
1) Marathon: Japan residents - 23,300 JPY (from overseas - 25,300 JPY)
2) 10.7km Race: Japan residents - 12,400 JPY (from overseas - 13,500 JPY)
* Entry, Covid testing, event fee refund insurance, handling and tax included.
* As part of the COVID-19 countermeasures, pre-race testing is planned to be conducted. However, if the testing doesn't take place due to any changes in countermeasures planned in accordance with the laws on infectious diseases, the event fee will be partially refunded.
How to Enter: Register online
Entry Period: Registration will open on August 1, 2022 (Mon)
* The registration period may differ depending on the eligibility group.
* Selection will be made by random drawing if the entry exceeds the field size.
* Donation and Charity Runner applications open from July 11 (Mon).
posted Thursday June 23rd