Running News Daily is edited by Bob Anderson and team. Send your news items to firstname.lastname@example.org Advertising opportunities available. Email for rates.
Sibling rivalry and Excitement marked the May Kenyan Athletics Training Academy (KATA) 10k Time Trial with elite athletes fighting hard to keep their positions.
The event, the 9th since the inception of KATA, was a motivating factor for all those who posted their personal records during the trials that took place on Wednesday May 18 in Thika Kenya.
However, Peter Wanyoike and Zakariah Kirika were unstoppable as they fought tooth and nail to keep their top positions three times in a row.
Doing the trial a week after running his local marathon in Kenya, Wanyoike led Kirika to a 1-2 finish with Eston Mugo finishing third after recovery from an Injury.
Though the top two could not better their previous times, it was a relief for all the rest after knocking down several minutes and second from their previous times.
Wanyoike, who ran 2:25.04 ten days ago, registered 30:01.3 while his avid rival, who also ran 30:04, maintained 30:02.4 to keep his runners-up position.
Eston Mugo was shade over 30 minutes to click 30:06.3 from his April’s 33:22.1 with the all the rest attaining their Personal Best times during the trial that were held under cloudy weather.
60-year-old Charles Ndirangu clocked a fine 36:13.
The next KATA 10k Time Trial will be held on June 15th with better times being anticipated on the same course. Runners of all abilities are welcome to compete.
Names BIB Age Gender Time April Time
1. Peter Wanyoike 213 26 M 30:01.3 (29:53.7 April time)
2. Zakaria Kirika 237 21 M 30:02.4 (29:54.4)
3. Eston Mugo 224 26 M 30:06.3 (33:22.1)
4. Erick Mutuku 216 20 M 30:14.7 (31:41.3)
5. Raphael Gacheru 233 22 M 31:35.9 (32:28.4)
6. Fredrick Kiprotich 79 23 M 31:41.5 - - --
7. Nicholas Kitundu 80 22 M 32:06.9 ------
8. Boniface Mungai 235 23 M 32:30.5 (33:05.6)
9. Levis Kuria 214 21 M 33:04.5 (33:11.6)
10. Charles Ndirangu 82 60 M 36:13.2 ------
11. Samuel Muiruri 68 27 M 36:55.7 (42:30.8)
12. Peter Mukundi 71 25 M 39:16.5 New
13. Caren Chepkemoi 127 19 M 42:06. (42:30.5)
14. Susan Njeri 76 36 M 45:11.9 (45:30.2)(05/18/2022) Views: 200 ⚡AMP
The Kenyan Athletics Training Academy (KATA) in Thika Kenya is doing a monthly 10k time trial series. The event is open to anyone who would like to get an official time on a acurant course. Results will be published at My Best Runs so race directors and other interested people can see what kind of shape our participants are in. ...more...